Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Day out

Today my Mom and my 2 cousins Tee and Juli and I took my Aunt Brenda out to the steak house for her birthday...My Aunt is 65 ( I think)...we had a great time...it was lots of fun...the meal was delicious. Of course we had to do a little shopping before we got to the steakhouse...not much...we were all hungry! I feel very lucky to have the family I have. Tee and Juli's Mom has passed away.....her name was Nancy and she was my Mom and my Aunt Brendas middle sister. She has been gone for several years...she had cancer. Her and I both worked at my Dads business, I worked with her for 12 years so we were very close. We always had a ball..and occasionally we would fight...she was only 11 years older than me. I dont know how many times today we mentioned her.....it just seems like she should be there with us. My Aunt Nancy and Aunt Brenda have always seemed more like sisters to me than Aunts. I loved my Aunt Nancy and I miss her. When she was really sick I would take her for her treatments sometimes......we would stop and get something to eat after the treatments...I am so glad I had that time with her. When her first great grandchild was born ( Ethan) and Nancy was in an extended care facility b/c she was really in bad shape by then I went and got her out and took her to the hospital so she could see the baby and after visiting the baby her and Aunt Brenda and I went to McDonalds to eat and Brenda had to help Nancy eat her burger...it was like she didnt know what to do with it......I knew we were going to lose her. And we did. So when we all get together there is a void b/c she isnt there. We all feel it.

No comments: