Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. I would never drink eggnog!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? I have wrapped the gifts for year and santa has always taken all the credit for it!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love white lights.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used to but somehow over the years I lost the mistletoe!

5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually put them up the first week in Dec but this year I havent put anything up. I am probably not going to do to much this year with just having surgery, hopefully next year will be better!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? turkey and dressing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: we would always have Christmas dinner at my Grandparents and there would always be a bunch of Aunts and Uncles and cousins there. The food was abundunt and we kids always had so much fun playing together.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa? Is there something I dont know?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually I cook a big dinner oon Christmas Eve and all my kids and grandkids are here and we eat and exchange gifts, we are not doing it this year b/c I am just not up to it, but it is a tradition.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Some decorations I have had for years, some the kids made when they were little, its kind of a mixture.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I have to say I love it.....I love getting out and walking in the snow, everything is so white and so quiet, you can hear the snow falling. I love when it looks like a winter wonderland.


12. Can you ice skate? I used to......havent done it for years....we used to have a pond at our cabin and we would ice skate every winter on it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my doll house that had lights in it and a car that went with it....I wish I had saved it!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family, attending our Church services.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? the pies and the cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Everyone seated at the table...our Christmas blessing, always remembering who is not with us anymore, opening gifts, just everyone being together and being happy.


17. What tops your tree? an angel

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Oh my...here comes the being honest part! I love recieving!! I get so excited when I see someone coming in with a bunch of gifts and they hand a couple of them to me and say these are for you! I also enjoy picking out something for someone too, but this year I havent done any shopping...:(


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of the traditional hymms....I love them all.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum, I love them!

21 comments:

Tug said...

Merry Christmas Catch...I wish you much HEALTH, and abounding happiness this coming year!

Be well my friend...

((hugs))

Lo Kelween said...

another nice meme! good job. i love candies too, but try not to eat. it's unhealthy!!:)

Queenie said...

Think your meme was great, my answers would have been pretty much the same, except I can't skate and I like to make snowballs with egg nog. Pleased to hear your taking it steady at this hectic time of year (still not smoking)?

Cindy said...

My answers would be a lot like yours too. Enjoy your holidays, but don't over do it! You still need your rest...

Deb said...

That doll house could have been worth a fortune these days! Wow. Anyway, great stuff! I love when you do these little lists. I haven't put up my Christmas decorations this year cause I just got settled into a new apartment. What a bad time to move, you know?

Anyway, I'm hoping that you're feeling better and in the best of spirits. Just checking up on you and saying HELLO!!!!! :D

God bless!

Dr.John said...

Sounds just like our family except Betty like Egg Nog.

rel said...

Catch,
Get well, so you can enjoy many Christmases to come!
rel

Queenie said...

Catch my I loan your santa on a bike pic?

Ol' Lady said...

Always nice to learn more about you :)
Don't over do anything you still need rest :)

Akelamalu said...

Loved your answers Catch.

I'm sure you will get all your traditions back next Christmas when you're back to full health.

I wish you a very Happy Christmas m'dear and good health in the New Year.

Much Love and Reiki Blessings to you.
xx

Neoma said...

You changed your blog so much for Christmas I had to take a double take to be sure I knew where I was, haha.......I came through the back door. :):)

Anyway........meme's are hard for me to do, because I like it all, and would do it all, and usually sit for an hour trying to decide on the perfect answer. hah.....so i just prefer to read others meme's

So how are you doing? Not ready to climb any tall mountains yet, I bet. A day at a time, right. How long has it been now since the surgery. I know Tom didn't feel very good for about two months, and he actually healed pretty fast. I have known people six months later that still didn't feel like driving a car.....everyone is different.

Best wishes for the Holiday Catch, hugs........

MarmiteToasty said...

Ive missed you........ ya have never been far from me thoughts.....

x

Anonymous said...

I like this meme. I liked eating and being with family too, we don't do it anymore.

I actually like giving. While I like receiving, I usually like it when I someone actually gives me exactly what I asked for, something I have mentioned, not just a general gift and nothing that I mentioned numerous times.

But I really, really like giving and surprising people with a gift I know they really want. That's fun.

I wish I had all my toys from when I was little. Man I had some good stuff.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the comment above is from Gunngirl, I forgot my password.

Bazza said...

merry christmas Catch to you and yours, will be back next year.

Dr.John said...

Just stopped by today to wish you a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year because I will be too busy tomorrow.

MarmiteToasty said...

HAPPY CRIMBO ((((Catch))))) to you and your dear family........ I found a special gift the day I tumbled through you blob door.... fanks for all the inspiration and the thoughts that your blob gives me.... and fank you most of all for being YOU...... be safe, well, and love those around you like there is no tomorrow...... love ya XOX

TK Kerouac said...

Merry Christmas Catch!

May peace and plenty be the first to lift the latch on your door, and happiness be guided to your home by the candle of Christmas. (A Celtic Blessing)

Big Pissy said...

Merry Christmas, Catch! :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas, Catch!

MarmiteToasty said...

I could NOT drink eggnog if someone poured it down me throat using a funnel LOL

OXO