10 real things about Mothers, or at least this Mother. (I was tagged by Akelamalu
1. I am super Mom. They ( my kids) dont think I ever get tired, need a break or am getting older. They think I am still their 35 year old Mother who can handle anything put before me. I must seem ageless to them. If only I did to myself!
2. A Mother is an excellant babysitter. You know no one will take better care of your kids because we love your children just as we did you and because they are a part of you. If you need Mom to babysit , just take her pulse and respirations....if they are ok..yep, she can babysit.
3. A Mother can make things better just by sitting and listening to you. As long as you have Mom on your side nothing seems insermountable. ( Did I spell that right?) Someone broke your heart? Mom will break his or her legs. Someone stole your lunch money?? Leave it to Mom..it wont happen twice. Mom are like Lionesses.....we will fight tooth and nail for our young.
4. Mothers love is unconditional. We love you no matter what....we forget all the bad things and only remember the good. We see your weaknesses but choose to overlook them. We carried you within our bodies for 9 months...right under our hearts. No one will ever love you like your Mother does.
5. Mothers can get mad at you! Then you better look out! Your Mother is your very best friend in the whole world. so when she gets mad at you, you better take a good long look at yourself. You are not doing something right!
6. Mothers are always right! Even when you know we might be wrong it doesnt matter....we are your Mothers and that makes us right. If we are wrong we may admit it later...or we may not. Doesnt matter....we usually call the shots right from our hearts, so you know we thought we were right at the time.
7. A Mothers hugs are the very best. You can feel the love in them. Its like they have magic in them. They can make everything right in your world.
8. A Mothers tears are heartbreaking...but she has 2 kinds of tears.....happy tears or sad tears...happy tears are good. Sad tears are heartbreakers because you know someone ( and hopefully not you) has hurt her so badly she can not stop the tears from flowing. She cries from deep inside her. She cries for all the wrong in this world. She cries for all the children in this world who arent taken care of or loved....and she cries for you.
9. Mothers make birthdays or holidays special. We know your likes and dislikes and we will hunt for weeks for just that special thing that we know will bring a smile to your face. We bake cakes, we plan parties....all of it for you. To make you happy. To make your special event something special to remember.
10. Mothers try to instill goodness in you. We read you stories about Jesus, we take you to Church. We want you to grow up to be a responsible adult with a strong belief in God. We try to teach you right from wrong and to be a fair person. You may stray for a while but Mothers never stop hoping you will eventually come back into the fold. Mothers never give up.
Our job is to teach you....your job is to learn it well.