Wednesday, July 12, 2006

51 thru 75 things about me(cont.)


51. I love to change furniture around when I clean. One time when I was watching one of my gf's 2 small children for her I changed her living room around. lol. She loved it!
52. When I go into someones house I look around and think to myself" hmm, I would have put there there".
53.Even though I love to change things it exhaust me to move a whole room anymore.

54.I would say I am a compulsive shopper, Im ok if I stay away from the stores, but once I get going...look out. I never take a list.

55. I dont like lists because my X husband always made lists....lists of lists....it drove me nuts..all those damn little pieces of paper everywhere.....I threw them away if he left them around. I can see a list occasionally, but not everyday.
56. I rarely lose my temper anymore. I figure its not worth it. When Im really upset or pissed off I go in my room and play scrabble on my computer.
57. I dont like to cry in front of people. . When I am alone and crying I get into the boo hooing and sobbing...I feel like it cleanses me. It is kind of a release
58. I cannot stand to think about the abuse many children in our country go through. I wonder how these mothers on crack/cocaine take care of their babies. Do they get fed regularly?? Do they get their diapers changed??? This drives me nuts and I cant stand to think about it. I hurt for those children. 59. I would say the reason my X and I got a divorce was because he couldnt stand me sober and I couldnt stand him drunk! lol
60.I really do not like to travel, when we go to the beach I just want to get there, not a bunch of stops on the way...lets just go. No sight seeing along the way...Ive seen enough..get me to the beach. Same thing on the way home...no dilly dallying along the way...lets get home. And when I get to the beach I dont want to walk a mile..I want it to be right there!

61.I strive to be a good person, sometimes its not easy, but I have a deep faith in God and want him to be pleased with me...even though I know there are times he is not. My orneriness gets me in trouble sometimes. I am just an ornery person. But I am trying to be a good ornery person.

62. Things I need to work on to be a better person are..cussing, smoking and a few other things I wont mention. The cussing is usually slang. When I am really mad I do let the f word fly....( not in public)..but I really dont consider that so bad...it just sounds bad...it is initials....f.u.c.k....it stands for " for use of carnal knowledge" ( something like that anyway) so it is just initials...but when you hear someone who uses it in everyday language it sounds bad...but if you stump your toe...or bump your head really hard...its the only word that helps. ( or if your really really mad)
63.On a lighter note...I love people...rarely ever meet a stranger. I am always interested in what they have to say. And I love all the different personalities of my friends.

64. I love to stay up late at night and sleep in till noon the next day. I think I have my days and nights mixed!

65. The love of my life was a sailor!
66. I have naturally curly hair, which I hated when I was young, and all the older people always said " oh that natural curl is beautiful" and I always rolled my eyes. Now that I am getting older I like it much better. So I think you have to be old to appreciate natural curl ;))

67.Although...I do not feel old in the least. I like to think 58 is the new 40. So that would make me 40 and that makes me happy so I am rolling with it.
68.I love to dance.....especially if I have had a few drinks! lol. Somehow it makes me dance better.
69.The first store I go to when shopping is the shoe store...I have tons of shoes but always looking for more.

70.My girlfriend from Oklahoma ( the one that was my maid of honor) is coming to visit me in August for 4 days and I am very excited about that! We always have such a good time together.

71. We may go get another tattoo when she comes...mine will be something small...maybe a bee on my foot. The last time we went and I got the wolf tattoo, she got a rose on her breast, I told her when she gets old it will be a hanging basket...lol.

72. As much as I bitch about my X on my blog, he is actually very good to me now, but I figure it balances out from all the years he was such an asshole. 73. I have a toe ring on that I havent taken off in 7 years, it is just a silver band.
74. I have so many things to do that I could never get bored.
75. I love all the comments my fellow bloggers leave me....so please! Always leave a comment!

29 comments:

kristi said...

So the love of your life was a sailor....we really do have a lot in common.

I have always wanted curly hair, a perm would never do it for me!!!
I have straight hair with gross body too it....sort of like my body HA HA HA

Gingers Mom said...

Funny funny funny. A hanging basket! Hee hee!
So was the sailor your ex husband or someone else?

Catch said...

kristin: someone else

Big Pissy said...

Honey, I'm with ya on the age thing. I'll be 50 in December....now they're saying that 50 is the new 30....

I'm good with that! *LOL*

Catch said...

Kristi: our hair is never what we want it to be! lol

Pissy: You know what they say about women...we are like fine wine, the more we age the better we are. ;))

Pixie said...

*reminds self never to invire catch to my house in case I have things in the wrong place :P

Catch said...

Pixie: Id never say a word....I do it in my head,lol

Catch said...

I love my avatar too and believe it or not at one time in my life I did look like that. I dont know what the hell happened! lol

Unknown said...

I love the way you look at things.
My husband is one good onery person too...He's learning not to get pissed off so easy, I tell him it's not worth it.
I'm with you, Take me to the beach and let me soak up the sun and relax! A few really cold drinks would be nice too.
My husband's grandfather was in the Navy! He's the sweetest man. Talks like a sailor, and funny as hell! My husband got being onery from him.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! "Hanging basket". That's ace, Catch!

#62 is me.

You are one of a kind, m'dear!

Catch said...

awww TC thank you my dear!

B.R.L said...

Maybe you should have a dollhouse too, then you could change funiture around and not get tired.
I think having to move has changed my desire to shop. I don't shop for shoes tho.

Catch said...

lol...a dollhouse would be a good idea Betty! I wouldnt get nearly as tired! I dont envy you having to pack and get rid of stuff....its a hard job. The last time I moved I said I would never move again.

Anonymous said...

Sailors rock!;)

7 years with that toe ring? WOW!

I can't stand to think about all those kids to. I do at might sometimes and it keeps me up. Those women do not appreciate their children and did everything wrong. And I did it right and almost lost mine. The world is so messed up.

I wanna a pic of that tattoo if ya get it!

Michelle said...

Great list about you...it's fun learning about other people through lists like this :)

and hey - anytime you want to come over and rearrange my house -have at it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Great list!

Pendullum said...

As usual...
It leaves me with thoughts to ponder...
Love that 58 is the new 40...
As for moving the furniture around???
Keeps everyone on their toes!

:P fuzzbox said...

You must really like that toe ring.

Louisiana said...

i never had the same room for longer than a wk. i used to change this around so much, my dad told me that is how his mom was too. but in the last yrs i don't do that anymore. the want or need seems to have passed...??? don't know what any of this means.

i love your lists..you are a wonderful person and i'm thrilled that i have you in my life. you are fun and sweet and cute and i love your dimples. you are kind, very kind. thank you for sharing yourselves with us.

i know that you and your friends will turn fun into a new word when she visits. good. enjoy every second.

hugs.

Catch said...

Mimi: ummm I cant exactly send a picture of this tattoo....lol...and your right mimi....sailors rock.....at least mine did!!!!!

Michele: thank you and Ill be over to arrange your furniture in the morning...lol

Leighann: thank you and thanks for stopping by.

Fuzz: You gotta understand how hard it is to get a toe ring that feels right! I dont even know I have this one on but I have had others that drove me nuts! Its a female thing...lol

pendullum: yep...58 is the new 40....thats my story and Im stickin to it!

Chana: I sure dont do it as often as I used to....I dont have the energy..lol, but I do love changes. As always , you are so kind with your words and I am so glad you are back with us bloggers blogging away...lol. When my gf comes from Okla we will have a ball....we have a wedding reception to go to so that could be a story all in its own....we seem to forget that we are no longer high school girls...lol

Bluepaintred said...

can I see the toe ring? where do you wear it? what toe? where on the toe. I had a toe ring it was pretty it got lost in a flood cus I took it off. How do you find a toe ring that is comfrtable in socks and shjoes not just sandles? help me out here i like toe rinks but im stupid about them!

Catch said...

Paint: this toe ring is just a silver band it is on the middle toe on my left foot. I dont wear mine at the end of the toe ( by the nail, I wear mine further back towards my foot.) I love this toe ring b/c it is so comfortable I never even realize its on. I will send a pic....I promise.

Joe & Karen said...

Dear Catch, God is smiling his biggest smile on you for all the good you do and love you bring to everyone.
Knowing you makes my life better and you inspire me to live with more faith. I thank you for that gift, especially now. It helps on all days. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself, so a wolf tattoo eh??? my appt. is comming up, July 24!

Catch said...

Karen: Thanks for all your kind words...I hope at leaqst when you get your tattoo you can show us a pic...lol

Dr.John said...

I think God loves good ornery people. I could use you right now as we try to get this house in order to have people come through and look at it. Lots of moving furniture. My mother used to take care of babies that were taken from their parents. One of my sisters was adopted after her real parents died.

Catch said...

Dr John..I would love to help you and Betty...I know its a job getting all that done. Dont ya wish you could just wiggle your nose and it would be done.

boneman said...

OK, it's true. I came by here the other day and left no comment. But, in my defense, I thought you may have already heard the silly joke I was draggin around from Kate's (A chicken and an egg are lying in bed.
The chicken is leaning against the headboard smoking a cigarette, with a satisfied smile on its face.
The egg, looking a bit pissed off, grabs the sheet, rolls over, and says, "Well, I guess we finally answered THAT question.") and then I got into a time lock with the church project I was doing at the time....

OK, so, I'm sorry, and I promise to always leave some kind'a mark next time...
like the sentence I threw in to the next post, which, by the way, looks like fun.
And, on another note altogether, Kate's today's post was kind'a funny....
http://someoneelseshoroscope.blogspot.com/
Actually, she also has a cool blog name, too....

Catch said...

the joke was cute Boneman.....thank you....I havent commented on your blog b/c you havent been posting!!! I go there everyday to comment....:((

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»