Thursday, June 15, 2006

one of my favorite recipes

I am posting this for Overwhelmed With Joy who posts great and easy recipes on Fridays. Check her blog out, the first time I came acrossed it I read the whole thing! Great blog!

Cabbage Roll Casserole
In a mixing bowl add: 3 pounds ground round ( or chuck)
1 cup of rice (uncooked) minute rice
1/2 a med onion cut up
3 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound ground sausage ( optional) I have made it with sausage and
without, it does give it a great taste.
Mix ingredients well.

In a roasting pan or dutch oven pour a large can of tomato sauce, add cut up cabbage on top of the sauce, then a layer of the meat mixture, another layer of cut up cabbage, another layer of meat mixture and so on till its all gone. Then add a large can of saurkraut all over the top of it and another medium can of tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 or 3 hours, I usually bake it close to 3 but check to make sure it has plenty of juice in it. You can always add more sauce if needed.

If you like cabbage rolls you will love this. I have made it many times and we all love it. Its also good to take for a covered dish dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom makes that! It is sooo good. She doesn't follow the same exact receipe. She never follows a receipe and never makes something the same way twice. But it usually is always good.